To address mental health and substance use disorders in Collier County, I was a part of the Collier County Ad Hoc committee that created the first-ever 5 year strategic plan to address these issues in our county. The strategic plan includes the following six priorities:
- Building a centralized receiving facility
- Housing and supportive services
- Increasing the effectiveness of the court system
- Collaborative data reporting
- Improving non-emergency Baker Act and Marchman Act transportation
- Prevention, education and advocacy.
I am now actively involved with the Collier Coalition for Healthy Minds nonprofit group committed to implementing this strategic plan. I will continue to do whatever I can to help individuals and families who are struggling with these heartbreaking, life threatening illnesses.