First and foremost, Collier County needs an economic plan that includes long-range planning for smart growth sustainability. This plan should:
- Entice companies to bring high wage jobs to our area
- Appeal to young professionals
- Diversify the economy
- Create self-sustaining communities
- Support small businesses
- Make available useful resources, be it human or product resources.
- Utilize asset based community resources focusing on social capital.. community helping people.
Once established, the county should use the plan as a working document in policy making to ensure the county’s economic sustainability is a top priority.