Letter to Collier County Residents
Dear Collier County Resident,
My name is Michelle McLeod, and I am running for Collier County Commissioner, District 4.
As a native of this area, I not only bring a unique historic perspective to the table, but also in-depth knowledge of city and county issues. Along with my decades of business experiences in banking and hospitality, I have a graduate degree with a concentration in finance and local government and policy making experience.
I previously served on the Naples City Council where I helped lead the efforts of three significant landmark projects that benefit all Collier County residents:
- Design and construction of Baker Park
- Reconstruction of the Naples City Dock
- Construction of the City’s Emergency Operations Center
All three of these projects were started and completed within my term, all under budget. As we know, to accomplish such a thing in government is a tremendous feat.
As county commissioner, my top three priorities will be to:
- Stop excessive spending on projects like the Paradise Coast Sports Complex which is currently $67 million dollars over budget.
- Stop subsidizing companies that bring low wage jobs to the area which only exacerbates our affordable housing problems like when the county gave $15 million to the Great Wolf Lodge.
- Support smart growth policies to avoid further urban sprawl and negative impacts on the environment.
I have the background, the education, and the experience to be your next county commissioner and I ask for your support.
Vote Michelle McLeod for County Commission, District 4 on August 23, 2022.